Saturday, May 14, 2011

Quiet Time

I wish I could say this post was about time in a sleepsack, hooded, gagged, and floating off to that quiet place.  But it's just a reflection of how quiet life is right now.  Surgery was a little over two weeks ago and if you'd asked me 5 days ago I would have told you that the 12 week recovery period was gonna be waaay too long.  I was beginning to feel like I could get back to work much sooner, and back to sex even sooner.  Then this pothole in the road to recovery appeared.

All of a sudden my left foot started getting a little numb, then after a couple days of that I kept looking at my foot trying to figure out how I'd burned it because that was the overwhelming feeling.  Right now it feels like I've got 3rd degree burns on the tops of all my toes and major blisters on the big toe and ball of the foot.  Grrrr.  So a call to the Doc and I find out it's not unusual, with the possibility that it could be anything from a slight inflammation of the sciatic nerve, to scar tissue developing on the nerve, to the nerves not healing correctly.  So we added another drug to the regiment which means more drowsy and dizzy time.  Ick.  It's discouraging to have a setback.  I'm walking less than I was and a lot slower than I had built up to, mostly because putting on a sock and shoe is torture (um. the bad kind of torture, not that good kind.)

At least now I know why we scheduled the full 12 weeks for recovery.  Meanwhile I'm cleaning gear, making rope floggers, chatting up a storm, and learning this thing I've never known:  patience.  Ugh.  I hate patience.

A big thanks to Sparky and TrapperSmith for the nice comments on their blogs.  I hope to have some new material at the blog before too long!  The rope is gathering dust and I HATE that!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to her that there's been a bump in the road to full recovery Sir! Patience is certainly a virtue, but it is hard learnt...

    i'll be sending You whatever healing thoughts i can!

    bootbrush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healing thoughts headed your way. He's right, it's not unusual for there to be pain from nerve trauma. It'll take a little time, but it WILL heal, honest.

    ReplyDelete