Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010. What a year!

I'm out of town for the rest of the year for work, but I wanted to be sure to post a blog entry sincerely reflecting on what has been the most incredible year of my life.

Despite some serious troubles with my back, two herniated discs and major sciatica, I've been happier and more fulfilled as a person than ever before. Somehow, at the ripe old age of 53 I realized that I wanted my life to be about all I could accomplish outside of work, rather than by work alone. Work has become a dead-end street; life and love and kink are paths in front of me that are endless and magical. I've started to measure life by smiles and hard-on's and thank you's rather than dollars and promotions. To quote some holiday schmaltz, "I feel like I'm the richest man in the world."

I've spent most of my life pouring myself into work, while this incredible man, my hubby, at my side has patiently awaited my emergence from a self-spun chrysalis. I really wonder if he knew something I didn't. One time, just once, he almost gave up on me. I think you can understand how grateful I am he didn't.

And I've watched hubby turn into the first-class full-blown pervert I always hoped he would be. Some switch finally went off deep down in his soul and now he craves what I crave: bondage, leather, rubber, gags, hoods, CBT, TT, paddling, flogging, and more and more and more. And I love him with all my heart. More today than ever before. And NOT just because he's a pervert, but because he's my anchor, my protector, my nurse, my bathroom scrubber, my chef, MY pervert, my everything.

And I met the most wonderful pup in the world. ~loki makes me really work at what I do. It's always a labor of love. I want to protect this pup with all my heart. Watching him grow in our kink/perv/BDSM world is such a pleasure, I can't begin to tell you. One little wag of that tail and my heart soars.

And Rick? Shitfuck. Nobody better. He lives his life with gusto, enters the dungeon raring to go, has incredible imagination, and makes you feel like a million bucks.

MasterRob & slavephillipe? Probably don't know how much they helped open doors in my life. And they are the epitome of loving and caring and bonding and kink. Not to mention food that makes you weak at the knees.

Michael and Tim? It's good to be a part of your lives. Always. Always. I will never be able to hear "The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" without thinking of you.

And Mike? The most complex of all. I cannot wait to see how our friendship continues to grow. I really thought I was kinky until I met you. Smooch.

And I made many other friends, really wonderful men with perversions as wide as the Mississippi and as deep as the Grand Canyon, men who sometimes make me so angry with myself for not reaching out much sooner. The richness of their lives is so amazing. T, B, R, J, B, H, .... I hope we find ways to grow closer in 2011.

I raise a toast to all of you. Thank you for a wonderful year.

And I grew to understand that for all our perversions, all our kinks, that which still binds us is the many forms that love takes. I have loved more this year than ever before. The reward has been incredible. And hey! I've gone a month now with only light pain and no frigging pain pills! I'm on a high that just won't quit!

3 comments:

  1. "I grew to understand that for all our perversions, all our kinks, that which still binds us is the many forms that love takes"

    Beautifully put Sir!

    In fact, i would even say that it is through our perversions that we express and deepen our love: in revealing our perversities and kink we are exposing a deep and raw part of ourselves - one that is pre-rational and vulnerable to ridicule and a lack of acceptance; we only reveal that side to those whom we hope we can trust, and when they share that trust we only deepen the bond of love between us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a wondrous 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally am able to post on here again (techincal difficulties) can I wish for last year AND this one? :)

    ReplyDelete