Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wild Weekend, PostScript

It's taken a while to clear my head following what was one of the most exciting and enlightening weekends of my life.

I wrote a letter to Mike and realized there were several things in there that might also fit here (slightly edited).



Hubby and I have both been in some weird headspaces since you left, trying to process everything that happened and getting it straight in our heads. What amazes me is there is not one negative to be had. Nada. We had 3 seconds of nasty electro over 5 days (and I wish it had been any one of us but pup) but even that was a terrific moment in learning how important trust is. We promised him he would recover. He did. And he and I chatted yesterday. He had a wonderful time. (There'll be some bidding competition on e-bay for football gear in the near future, I'm sure!)

The jock/coach thing? My favorite scene. Will definitely be on the list for next time as well, with embellishments that will scare the snot out of you. LOL.

I hate summing things up because it trivializes the pure joy that filled five days. I'll try to highlight a few things on the blog as the week goes along, because I'm committed to being honest about my own journey in BDSM....

What I know? We had a blast. In the playroom and out. Having coffee with you, going out to have barbecue, just sneaking over and watching you and Alvin sleeping in the bed, listening to the two of you giggle like school girls in the shower. Great memories. A straitjacket over football gear--such a total woof I can't tell you.

On the "growth" side, I know we had a chance to play with one of the very few true top-notch, first class, A-rated players in the world. I know now what guys mean when they say you can be a bit intimidating (I don't think for an instant you try to be!!! But your love for kink and many varied experiences is mind-boggling to some of us! Intimidation of this type is in the eye of the beholder only.). You've been diving into kink for 18+ years. We've been serious about it for only 3, and most of that by exploring together or with other players at our level. Hell, I'm the "intimidating" one to many of the guys in Atlanta. I hit a few moments of self-doubt over the weekend ("gee, Mike has so much more experience, how can I possibly be fulfilling anything for him." "gee, Mike took hubby a step further in his flogging experience, He's so much better than me.") I got over that shit.

Each man has a personal journey, and a learning curve. Comparing our own journeys and learning to another man's journey or knowledge is fruitless if done in some competitive spirit. Taking a deep breath and absorbing the knowledge and admitting our weaknesses and celebrating our strengths, and just being ourselves allows us to continue on the journey. (I wonder if that will fit on a tattoo or some sort of wooden block lettering I can hang over the toilet?)

Having good sex scenes is hot and wonderful and adds to the little notches on our gunbelts , but having a good friend? It means the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. I am flattered and humbled by this. While some of have accumulated more experience over time than perhaps others have, it is sometimes easy to forget there is a person behind that "legend". All too human. You did not let any of that get into the way and I am so grateful for that. I feel the same way. Even if the play had been awful, I would have gained two new friends and that would have meant everything. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete