Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Surgery Day

As this post appears I should be headed to the recovery room from a microdiscectomy to remove chunks of bad things that squirted out of a disc and set up residence in the spinal nerve channel thereby putting pressure on my sciatic nerve and causing various levels of distress and pain in my left leg.  The surgery carries a 92% level of success for major or total pain relief.  I WILL be in that 92% category, dammit!

I get from 6-12 weeks to recover from this during which I'm not allowed to take any rickshaw rides, squat over any Indian style commodes, nor lift anything over 4 pounds.  Please leave a note here on how much your dick weighs.

And keep good thoughts.

6 comments:

  1. Best wishes! Hope the recovery is fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOF! Yes you will be in the 92%! Just be careful about any toys you have, as this pup knows several of his is over 4lbs.

    *wags his tail happily*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your healing is going well -- and that you at least get some help with those heavier toys and dicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's about 55 hours since the surgery finished, and I can officially say, FUUUUCK, that knife cut down my back can really HURT! But the pain from the sciatica is way down and once the swelling goes down should be even better.

    And many thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes. I know it really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that wound sucks, and not in a good way. I remember the day after my surgery, the got me standing up for a few seconds, and I started laughing. They asked why, and I said "the pain is gone!" They said "You're on enough morphine to kill any pain." I said "You don't get it. This pain has been there through everything else they ever gave me, including morphine, and it's GONE!"

    Here's to a quick healing and a return to more pleasant (to some people) pursuits. HOW far is it from Berea to Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete